"Inside Out" fun

This is a story of 29th June when I went to see the movie called “Inside out” with my office friends. It involves seven people: Mohit, Harish Darapu (whom we used to call Darapu), Arnab, Bhikhu, Ravi, Nitish & I. But the people who brought fun to this story are Darapu, Arnab & Bhikhu.

Let me introduce Darapu. He is from Andhra Pradesh and his Hindi language vocab is understandably quite limited. I call him DJ Darapu for 2 reasons: 1) Both DJ and Darapu starts from D, so it kind-of fits & 2) He has a very good taste in Hindi songs. Yes, you read it correct “Hindi Songs”. Maybe he understands the beats. Well, let me clarify, he is really good when he plays songs on his computer, but when he sings…I remember one incident. When I, Nitish & Darapu were going  home on Nitish’s bike and Darapu started singing Hindi songs, Nitish offered him his monthly salary to stop singing. To be frank, I like his singing. It feels like you are listening to some international music. It's different but definitely fun. He is a very emotional guy and gets frustrated at times when things don’t work out.

Arnab. He is Bengali by birth who can’t speak Bengali, which is in line with most of us Gen Y kids. This guy is very fond of his Nanaji. In June, July last year, when we had to stretch in office to meet client deadlines, I heard him talking to his Nanaji about ordering of Indian cricket team after 12 Midnight. That’s quite cool Nanaji he has. Cherry on the top, his Nanaji lives in Goa. He inherited his Nanaji’s coolness I guess and I think he achieved Nirvana long back. Once one of my teammates took his Activa somewhere and it got tolled. When she came back and told him that, he said with a faint smile: “Okay” and went back to work. He has his pace of doing things; be it lunch, work or driving. No external force can change this pace. It’s like he learned Newton’s first law half way through and truthfully implemented in his life.

Bhikhu. I don’t know much about this guy as he is not in my team. But I do know that Mohit is fond of him and I also do know that he is 28 but looks 24. But years of experience made him seasoned professional who won’t get disturbed by hiccups and when he tells stories about that, it’s always funny.      

We had a movie show at 9 o’clock. We ordered food at office at around 8 30. We ate at increased pace and those we include I, Nitish, Ravi and Mohit. Darapu was eating slowly as he knew he was stuck with his dear flat-mate Arnab, who has his standardize pace of doing things. Bhikhu was still working. We had 4 bikes between us seven people. I was riding with Nitish. Mohit was going with Ravi so he decided to give his bike to Darapu as neither Bhikhu nor Darapu has bike. I, Nitish, Ravi and Mohit reached on time, left ticket for other three guys at security and went inside the movie hall. Movie was good but this is the story about what happened outside.

After Arnab finished his dinner, he along with Darapu left for movie; Arnab on his Activa and Darapu on Mohit’s bike. After half km, Darapu remember that they forgot to pick up Bhikhu. As Darapu has no balance in his phone, Arnab called him and found out that he was still in office. Arnab went back to pick Bhikhu and Darapu waited there. Arnab picked Bhikhu up and they started towards Movie halls and signaled Darapu to follow them. Arnab and Bhikhu reached movie hall. Darapu was nowhere to be seen. So Aranb called Darapu:

Arnab: “Where are you, be?”
Darapu (frustrated): “At the same place you left me. There is some problem with the bike. I haven’t moved an inch.”
Arnab (cool as always said his iconic word): “Okay”. Arnab told the problem to Bhikhu.
Bhikhu intervened: “ Darapu, bike me Petrol lock hota hai, open that. Tu close me chala raha hoga”
Darapu: “Arey, I tried everything. There are 3 levers and I tried all 9 combinations.”
Bhikhu (Smiling):” Abe petrol-lock open kar de mere bhai”
Darapu (frustrated): “No, I am not doing anything. Tell Arnab to come and pick me”

Call ended and Bhikhu told Arnab what Darapu said. Arnab decided to go back for Darapu  and meanwhile Bhikhu entered Movie Hall.

It’s already 9 15 now.

Arnab reached where Darapu was waiting for him in 5 minutes or so. Once again, Darapu was nowhere to be seen. So he called Darapu. He didn’t pick up. Arnab saw a missed call from some unknown number. He called that guy. He said: “Harish’s bike started and he left”. Maybe finally he decided to open the petrol lock and start the bike. Maybe he believed in going green before he did that. Arnab thought he must have reached movie hall. So he went there, climbed steps and aksed for his ticket at security. Just then he also saw another ticket which was for Darapu. He went to basement parking to search for Darapu. One more, he is nowhere to be seen. This was the most surprising for me. Arnab traversed the whole distance thrice or let’s say twice after Darapu’s bike is started at his divinely controlled pace and Darapu was still not there.

He again called Darapu and he was not picking up. Just after that he got a call from some security guard whose phone Darapu borrowed and came to know that Darapu would take 15 more minutes. My theory is he decided to go green and push the bike using his long legs all the way through. I can’t think of any other reason.    

Time is 9 40 now. Inside out was a 95 min movie. At this moment Arnab decided…..wait a minute, look up from your screen and try to guess what Arnab must have decided.

Guess..



Guess…



Pretty obvious, isn’t it?



Guess…



Guess…

He decided as he has some time, he would call his Nanaji. WTH!!!!!

It’s good to have cool Nanaji. I wish I had one. But when movie is going to start..oh sorry…Movie is already started 40 minutes back, you don’t do that.

Meanwhile, let’s get back to Bhikhu. He entered Movie theater at 9 15. He went inside the screen, searched for his seat. No other guys were there. He waited for 2 minutes. Then he called Mohit.

Bhikhu: “Kaha ho be tum log?”
Mohit: “Theater me. Movie dekh rahe hai”
Bhikhu (Confused): “Abey me bhi vahi pe hu…Dikh nahi rahe tum log”
Mohit (confused): “Hum to apni seat pe hi baithe hai”
Bhikhu: “Kya chal raha hai screen pe?”
Mohit: “Movie chal rahi hai... Animation wali”
Bhikhu: “Abe yaha to koi ad chal rahi hai”
Mohit: “kaha pahoch gaya be?”
Bhikhu: “Abe BigCinemas me hi ana tha na?”
Mohit thought a little and then said: “Ha. Kalyani Nagar wala”
Bhikhu: “Me wahi pe hu…Lagta hai galat screen me aa gaya”
Mohit: “Bahar nikal ke dekh lo ekbar. Screeen 1 me ana hai”
Bhikhu: “Arey bhag bhag k aya usme thodi thakan ho rahi hai… 5-10 minutes baith k ata hu waha” WTH!!

Once again, you don’t do that. Time was 9 20. He came after 5 minutes. He mistakenly went to screen 2 because the doors were adjacent to each other.

Finally Darapu and Arnab came at 9:50 I guess. Then there was an interval.
Darapu: “What kind of bike you have? It’s not starting only”
Mohit: “Bike is okay. Tuze chalana nahi ata”
Darapu: “ Arey I tried all combinations. There are 3 things: Handle lock*, petrol lock* and chock. I tried all 9 combinations. It didn’t work.”
*Key rotates 180 degrees and can take 3 positions: 0, 90 and 180 degree.

Mohit saw his frustration and let the argument die. But next day when I heard that story from Arnab, my analytical mind kicked in. There are no 9 cases. Handle lock is not a variable which he can vary. How exactly is he planning to start a bike by locking the handle? He would go in circle even if the bike starts. Isn’t it? Shilpesh provided the explanation: “he thought he would gain the momentum round and round then open lock and go straight”. That’s south Indian superstar way to do it.

So we thoroughly enjoyed the movie “Inside Out” Inside and out.

Comments

  1. Awesome blog saumil..You have very good story telling skill..start writing novel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pankil...Got same comment from Nisarg... Will try :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Yellow-T-Shirt Girl

Water-Cooler Fun