PANCHAL's MArriaGE part 1


During the vivas of last semester i.e. fifth semester of my engineering, I got kankotri of my friend Keyur Panchal. His brother’s wedding was on 12th DEC in Bharuch, if I am not wrong. Myself saumil, Aditya, Aniket, Vishwa, Soham, Nisarg, Harshid, Vivek, Finas and Ahmedali were invited. As reckless boys, we have not planned anything about it beforehand.

On 11th DEC, we got message from Keyur that ‘do come for my bro’s wedding.’ Which translated in gujarati :“ve lukhao, kale aavjo”. And then we started to make plans for it. I tried to arrange a car for us but failed and finally we settled on train and decided to go through train. As we are reckless and have think-about-it-when-it-comes attitude, no one knows how and when we were coming back. We have seen only one thing on kankotri i.e. obviously dinnertime, all other thing doesn’t matter. And the time is 05 30. But as there are no express train b/n 12 00 to 04 30, we had to go there in 12 30 train.

Everyone arrives at 12 00 at station and fun begins with some bird watching. No one said a word on that topic but everyone knew it. We had bought the ticket for general class. As I had not travelled by train too much (that doesn’t mean I have my own charted plane but the thing is all my family lives in 50 km radius), I didn’t know what we were, or say especially me, going to face. We stood there waiting for train making some cheap jokes on soham’s fatness and assuming some wired scenario about passers. The train arrives and it was full and I don’t even think how can we going to enter it. I asked about it to nisarg and he said ”ala, general class ma avu j hoy.”. HELL.

As the train stops, everyone jumps to get on the train, not even allowing people to get of the train. MADNESS. NIsarg look at my face and said ”ve dhakka mar nahi to chadva b nahi male.” But as I am a strict Gadhiji follower, I couldn’t able to get on the train after my group. The reason is a 50-year looking lady pushing me to get on the train. Huh, I had no daring to push her and other followed them and as the scene created only I and one of my friend vishwa remain outside the train (because of my ghandhigiri). Now the space left in wagon can able to hold four of our legs, I didn’t know what to do but vishwa hanged on using handlebar and asked me “are you coming on foot?” then I jumped on the train on the tiny space created, literary created by vishwa by pushing some people.(Thanks man). As I had zero-figure just like KAREENA, I was able to adjust myself in that space. I bat not even AISHWARYA could stand there without falling off the train.

Don’t think I always travel in luxurious car or something, but I had not travelled by hanging to the bar. If I am inside crushed b/n crowd then it’s OK, it’s annoying but not dangerous. When I adjusted myself in train, each of my friend congrates me on my triumph “ve saumil chadi gayo”, “e che etle chadi gayo baki bijo koi hot to chalta bharuch aavanu that.” Etc… we were all standing b/n two doors of typical Indian train. There were 6 people b/n me and other my group. But we all crushed together so all my friends were at my hands reach. Shit. Shit.hell
 
Then the train started. In this situation (by hanging to the handle bar), vishwa seemed to enjoy himself and told me:”we will get nice wind out here”. “Do you have something b/n your two ears?”I asked. He hadn’t answered. How can he? I had just thought that question but when I opened my mouth to ask it, I saw him adjust himself on the step of the train door which gave me my answer. After first 5 minutes of frustration, I felt good and comfortable. This is not bad. On the contrary, it’s fun.
Then I took a look at my other friends, they were annoying their bystanders by laughing and making comments (Obviously inside-group comments, not about bystanders as we were all gentlemen except Finhas). As vishwa took a seat on steps, he was not visible to them. So Soham asked “su la, vishwa padi gayo?” I answered:”He is coming on foot”.

Now I have two options: 1) listen to their talks 2) enjoy the wind and scenery. We never talked sensible unless some beautiful girl listening to our talks, so I checked the area by lifting myself on my toe. There was not a single girl there, so I went for second option. I spent more than 30 minutes watching outside, feeling wind by leaning outside door and little bit chatting with vishwa.


Then I heard some elderly voice from behind, an old lady in sari was asking me something. But I couldn’t make out what was she saying. So I ignored her. It happened again. And then that dadi increased the voice and asked again “bharuch station avyu? Aa chokara ne kalak thi puchu chu toy javab nathi aapto”. When my best friends listened to this, they immediately came to help but not me “ve saumil, kevo lukhho. aa aunti ketli var thi puche che javab j nathi aapto”:soham. “bagho j che.”: vivek. “kevo laa….”, ”kai khabar pade che k nai….”. so I came to conclusion: friends were always supportive in NEGETIVE direction. Then I explained to dadi that as this was the express, next stop after baroda must be bharuch. I didn’t understand that lady, no station arrived yet and still she was asking me if bharuch had arrived. Was she going to jump to station if the train didn’t stop? I smiled at myself after imagining the scenario. Lol.
Finally Bharuch arrived after 50 minutes of journey.

TO BE CONTINUED……………………………….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Water-Cooler Fun

The Yellow-T-Shirt Girl

"Inside Out" fun